As of early 2018 the YYZ Airport Watch Committee has established new procedures to accommodate those interested in joining the YYZ Airport Watch. We will now process new enrollments only between Jan. 1 and Mar. 31 each year. Those who wish to submit an application for membership and agree to and meet the requirements can do so below. Please read the following carefully.
The YYZ Airport Watch program is for serious aviation enthusiasts who spend a fair amount of time at Toronto Pearson International Airport. At this time membership is restricted to residents who meet the following requirements:
- Have reached the age of majority in the Province of Ontario at time of application.
- Have filled out and submitted the application form found below.
- Paid new membership enrollment fee. See fee schedule for more information.
- Submitted a photo for YYZAW membership ID card. Photos should be taken in ample light on a plain background. We will advise you where to send the photo as part of the enrolment process
- Filled out the Disclosure of Information form(s). This will be done in person during the sign-up meeting.
- Submitted a basic Police Information Check from your local police service (where you live). This is at your own expense and should be done once you have been approved for membership pending the background check.
- Provided the name of two existing members who sponsor your application. If you know only one member, list just their name. If you don’t know any members, we suggest you reconsider applying at this time and instead spend more time around Toronto Pearson getting to know your fellow spotters and photographers. Ask them about Airport Watch.
Membership is granted only upon approval of the Police Information Check. Applicants whose Police Information Check is not approved will be denied membership and any pre-paid enrollment fee will be refunded.
Disclosure of Information form(s) will be held in confidence by YYZAW and only submitted to the Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) or partner airports pending Police Information Check approval.
New applicants wishing to enroll and obtain full membership, including ID card, outside of the Jan. 1 to Mar. 31 period must meet new member enrollment requirements (appropriate fees, disclosure form(s) and basic Police Information Check) and pay an additional administrative fee on top of the new member enrollment fee. See fee schedule for details.
If the applicant is denied membership, the disclosure form will be returned to the applicant. Copies will not be retained by YYZAW.
If you are ready to apply for membership, the first step is to complete and submit the form below. All fields are required. Upon receipt and review of your application you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail. Do not proceed with getting a basic Police Information Check just yet. We’ll let you know when it’s time.
Your acknowledgement email may contain a questionnaire for you to complete and return to us within seven days. If we do not receive a reply to our questionnaire within that period, your application will be discarded and you will need to reapply. We will not chase you for a response.
YYZAW will review your questionnaire answers and let you know if you have been approved for membership pending your police background check. We will also advise of a date and time for a sign-up meeting. At this meeting you must bring:
- Enrollment fee as outlined in the fee schedule.
- Police Information Check, newly obtained from your local police service at your own expense.
Ready to apply? Please fill in the form below.